Employer: CTG Global
Location: Tripoli Libya
Closing date: 18 Mar 2017
Vacancy reference no.:VAC-0565
Contract duration: up to 6 months (@21days/month)
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Libya is experiencing significant political conflict, insecurity and economic challenges five years after the 17 February 2011 Revolution. The Government of National Accord (GNA) is facing a set of daunting political, security and economic challenges. To mitigate against political polarization, violence and the threat of terrorism, tangible improvements that positively impact the livelihoods of the Libyan population are urgently needed.
With an institutional apparatus that has been eroded for over four decades the support of the international community is vital for the government to successfully meet the expectations of the public.
Over the past five years the international community has supported Libya to rebuild its country and ease the hardship of the population.
To further improve development outcomes and effectiveness the GNA has decided to establish a communications unit that will help the communications of the GNA with the Libyan population.
In order to realize the above objective, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been tasked to assist to establish and populate the Unit by recruiting required technical expertise.
• To update/design the website to make it more user-friendly, organized and innovative
• Train technical and non-technical staff on how to use a Content Management System
• (CMS) – like WordPress – Drupal – Joomla to ensure easy updating
• To introduce innovative services such as RSS, podcasting, user comment, etc
• To streamline content creation and boost author productivity
• To create an effective search engine
• General consultancy on orientation about the site and its related architecture
• Implementation of new architecture and graphics
• Assist in inputting content into current templates for the website
• Training for staff on use of the Content Management System
• Advising, testing and installation
• Ensure easy downloading of site pages by minimizing use of large graphics, optimizing all graphics and documents for smaller file size
• Ensure HTML is W3C compatible
• Promotion of site at search engines
Director of communication and media department
This role does not have team management responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any computer related field.
Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Information Technology experience.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Tripoli Libya is an advantage.
Fluency in Arabic and English are essential.
• Minimum of 2 years’ extensive experience in web development, graphic design and implementation of information-rich, user-friendly and large websites
• Extensive experience with CMS (WordPress preferred), including experience with both commercial and Open Source systems
• Advanced proficiency with HTML, including style sheets, templates, complex tables and image maps. Must possess working knowledge of basic composition, page layout, art and office/web software packages such as MS Word, Excel, Dreamweaver, Adobe PageMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat (or Open Source Software equivalents)
• Experience in web development programming languages (PHP, ASP)
• Knowledge of W3C standards such as XHTML, accessibility standards, content sharing standards such as RSS/RDF and Open Archives Initiative
• Experience with photographic manipulation, digital painting. Digital audio and video experience highly desirable
• Experience with new technologies like RSS, podcasts etc. highly desirable
• Experience with web servers (Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Zope etc.)
• Experience on WINDOWS ForeFront-TMG
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to work with minimum supervision
Other relevant information:
To be advised