This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Weapons Vault/Armory Supervisor must have USAF Qualifications and shall have sufficient experience with weapons security and weapons vault management to supervise employees and execute the services required. The Weapons Vault/Armory Supervisor shall be familiar with weapons management AFMAN 31-229, AFI 31-101, AFI 36-2654, AFMAN 23-122, AFI 23-101, AFMAN 31-229, DoD 5100.76-M policies and procedures.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Issuing SA/LW on a per individual basis using AF Form 1297
2. Coordinate with Combat Arms (CA) to ensure serialized inventories of extended storage weapons are synchronized with CA inspections
3. Perform authorized Operator Maintenance (Individual) on SA/LW
4. Develop a preventive maintenance cleaning and lubrication program for both in-use and extended storage weapons
5. Maintain copies of all supporting documentation for deployed SA/LW until the SA/LWs are returned
6. Maintain SA/LW inventory records in Customer Service for a minimum of two (2) years
7. Maintain a DD Form 1574, Serviceable Tag, for extended storage weapons
8. Ensure that no less than one armed guard is on duty any time the armory is operating, or when escorting weapons to or from the Transportation Management Office (TMO) for shipment, etc.
9. Manage a team of technicians and ensure that compliance is maintained in the Armory
10. Perform other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printers, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment. Military issues 9 MM side arm.
Work is generally conducted in an indoor environment. Duties involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs.; stooping; climbing; prolonged standing; prolonged sitting; and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes, but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Physical dexterity required. Constant use of sight abilities while operating vehicles is required. Physical dexterity is required.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Shall have a minimum of 3 (three) to 5 (five) years’ experience as a Weapons Vault/Armory Supervisor, and supply chain management processes’ to include but are not limited to: R14 inventory management, producing/processing DD form 1348 1-A’s and DD form 1149’s, and 5 (five) years’ experience in the Enterprise Solution Supply (ES-S)
Must possess a current Air Force or Army M9 qualification card
Must possess a validated DD Form 2760 (Lautenberg Amendment)
Must be a US National in possession of SECRET clearance.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
Supervisor a team of no more than 3 Technicians.