Location: Iraq Erbil
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
Salary:6.000 to 7.500 EUR/month
HI opened its last field base in December 2016 and is currently opening its second field base during August/September 2017, in order to respond to a major humanitarian crisis in the area. The initial activities in the first field base have been launched and are running regularly, with the launch of some additional activities planned during summer 2017.
In this context, under the line management of the Area Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, the TC Mine Action will provide technical support to both bases and will be in charge of:
Contribute to the assessment of needs and gaps in the mine action sector and to the definition of HI’s mine action strategy;
Provide regular technical guidance and support to HI’s project managers and project officers in charge of mine action programs;
Contribute to the recruitment, inception and training of mine action field staff;
Perform frequent field visits in the intervention sites for technical supervision, on-the-job training and quality assurance;
Contribute to the development and update of the technical guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for risk education (RE), non-technical survey (NTS) and urgent marking activities, under the technical supervision of the Senior Technical Coordinator;
Contribute to the design and update of mine action training packages, RE materials and RE mass media campaigns;
Contribute to the development and the data analysis of RE/NTS need assessments, KAPB surveys, effect/impact studies, and other research efforts;
Co-lead the launch of the non-technical survey (NTS) activities;
Co-lead the assessment of needs, feasibility, opportunities and risks of a potential future clearance intervention;
Contribute to internal and external reporting for the mine action component of the program ;
Compulsory technical skills
· At least 5 years of professional experience
· At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian mine action (RE, NTS and/or clearance)
· EOD 3 qualification is mandatory. EOD 3+ is a strong asset.
· Professional experience with IEDs is a strong asset
· A bachelor degree and/or a Master’s degree is a strong asset
· Previous experience in the design and implementation of risk awareness activities, non-technical survey, and clearance activities is mandatory.
· Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and creation of maps is an asset
· Strong writing and reporting skills
· English mandatory (oral and written), Arabic is a strong asset.
· General computer skills (use of MS Office package, Internet, Skype).
· Previous experience in the Syrian crisis and/or in the Middle East is a strong asset
· Previous work experience with HI is an asset
· Strong communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
· Ability to work under high pressure and without constant supervision
· High level of motivation and proactivity
Duration of the contract: 7 months
Affectation base: Erbil (with many displacements)
R&R: 5 working days every 6 weeks + R&R allowance (according to HI’s leaves policy that apply for expatriates in the country) and 14 days for the length of the contract.
Fees: From 6.000 to 7.500 EUR/month according to experience
Flight tickets: Return ticket for departure/arrival + participation R&R flight tickets up to 500 USD
Accommodation: Provided by HI in country, shared guest house
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email with a CV and cover letter, with the reference IR/17010 in object at : email@example.com
(Email for application is available to subscribers ONLY