Location: : Libya (based between Libya and Tunis)
Start date : 1st November 2017
Duration of the contract : 3 month
Closing date for application : 29/10/2017
The Technical Advisor (TA) reports hierarchically to the Head of Mission and under the technical supervision of the Global Chief Technical Advisor (Arms Safety Management and Disposal). The TA will support the development of HI’s 2018 HMA strategy in Libya, including assessing potential areas of operation, defining the methodology and operational set up and identifying and sourcing the required resources to implement the strategy.
Support to the development of HI’s HMA operational strategy
– Ensure HI’s positioning towards relevant national authorities for the development of HMA activities;
– Along with the Head of Mission, represent HI at HMA forums;
– Work in close coordination with the national mine action centre to identify priority areas for deployment of survey and clearance teams;
– Conduct needs and risk assessments of priority areas, including data collection and analysis of new and existing contamination data;
– Develop a draft 2018 operational strategy, endorsed by the national mine action authorities;
– Support donor meetings for sourcing the required resources for executing the strategy.
Development of draft Operational Procedures
– Ensuring compliance with national and international standards, draft the Standard Operating Procedures for the planned HMA intervention.
Ensure required resources and assets are identified and sourced
– Support the logistics team in the identification, sourcing and positioning of required equipment;
– Ensure proper storage of equipment;
– Design the recruitment and training plan for the required Human Resources.
– Undertake other relevant tasks as required by the Head of Mission or Global Chief Technical Advisor.
Collaboration and reporting:
The consultant will work in collaboration with the Head of Mission, programme Security Advisor and remotely with the Global Chief Technical Advisor. The consultant will take care to apply the following directives in terms of reports and progress reports:
Compile daily/weekly/monthly reports, as required by the Head of Mission.
Ensure operational reporting internally, to authorities and donors as required.
A final report, at the end of the mission is to be submitted to the Head of Mission, Desk Officer and Global Chief Technical Advisor.
Those directives have the goal to insure a good collaboration between the consultant and HI.
Duration of the contract: 1st November 2017 – 31st January 2018 (3 months, with possibility of extension)
Start date: 1st November 2017
Affectation base: Between Libya and Tunis.
Leaves: 9 days
Fees: Between 6,000 and 7,500 EURO per month depending on experience
Accommodation: Provided by HI in country, shared guest houses in both Tunis and Libya.
• Minimum of 5 years of military experience as a Commissioned Officer or 7 years as a Non-Commissioned Officer, or equivalent experience in the commercial or humanitarian sectors;
• Minimum technical qualification to IMAS EOD level 3; EOD 3+/ IEDD qualification a strong asset;
• Proven experience in Quality Management Systems.
• At least 5 years in Humanitarian Mine Action with an international NGO;
• Experience in making a significant contribution to country business plans or operational strategies in a HMA environment;
• Knowledge of safe weapons storage and management preferred;
• Knowledge of host country requirements and culture preferred.
• Fluency in English, written and spoken;
• Ability to impartially represent the organisation to local and international stakeholders including national authorities;
• Excellent computer skills (Office Word, Excel, and Power Point);
• Competent in GIS and information management;
• Arabic language skills are an advantage.
• Strong leadership and team building skills;
• Excellent inter-personnel skills, cultural awareness, good sense of humor and team spirit;
• Flexible, pro-active and skilled to identify adapted solutions to complex tasks;
• Demonstrated positive and self-motivated attitude;
• Willingness to work and live in hostile and arduous environment
How To apply :
Send a CV and cover letter to : email@example.com
(Email available to subscribers ONLY)