Employer: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date: 21 Nov 2017
We are looking for a highly qualified Support Services Manager to join our DRC/DDG office in Libya.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than thirty countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
DRC has worked in Libya/ Tunisia since 2011 in the fields of protection, mixed migration and humanitarian mine action. DRC has offices in Tripoli, Sabha, and in Tunis and Zarzis in Tunisia with promising perspective of opening new implementation in Algeria.
About the job
Support Services Manager directly oversees DRC/DDG support and safety operations in the Tripolitania area. In close collaboration with the HoFA and Country Director, SSM prime objective is to promote optimal and accountable usage of resources. The SSM is the final responsible for the finance, logistics and procurement, safety as well as human resources and administration sections. The SSM is responsible for the coordination with the HoFA and the Program Managers of all the support functions in Tripoli office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Compliance with and adherence to DRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements and Implement anti-corruption policy
• Line management for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT) in Tripoli
• Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
• Implement DRC’s financial, HR, administration and logistics systems, routines and procedures
• Provide regular analysis and reports
• Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff
• Facilitate trainings for of programme staff on financial, logistic and HR procedures and control.
• To organize weekly coordination meetings with the Tripoli Team and to provide weekly reports.
• To provide regular due diligence on procurement/finance/HR/admin processes.
• Facilitate the preparation of Master budget information (Tripoli Support Costs Budget).
• Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
• Ensure full compliance with DRC and donor financial guidelines and policies.
• In close cooperation with the Finance Manager and Head of Finance and Administration reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines set out in the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook and donor requirement
• Oversee responsibility for daily cash counts as well as cashbook reconciliations.
• Ensure monthly deadlines are observed
Human Resources and Administration:
• Ensure that all staff plan for the annual leave and they take it regularly
• Ensure induction of program staff in support functions
• Responsible for Staff care and welfare issues
• Support area-level recruitment processes, especially for the support staff, and ensure that relevant staffing structures are in place and are reflective of appropriate gender balance.
• Promote professional development by identifying training and capacity building opportunities and ensure staff are well versed in DRC/DDG code of conduct, accountability, respectful dialogue with the refugee and host population, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
• Collaborate with the Maghreb based human resources department to ensure staff evaluations are conducted on a regular basis.
Logistics and Procurement:
• Collaborate with the Program teams to develop and maintain procurement plans.
• Ensure proper management and monitor of all transactional procurement including tendering processes, evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment.
• Oversee strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
• Ensure Procurement team are managing the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
• Ensure that procurement team prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans, and progress reports as required
• Ensure fair allocation of vehicles, recording of movement and monthly vehicle report are produced.
• Ensure efficient warehouse management and timely monthly reports
• Ensure that all assets are labelled, and updated Inventory register is shred quarterly
Safety and Security:
• Support in ensuring the responsibility for staff safety in the area of operation.
• Support the Safety Advisor in ensuring that all relevant information regarding safety, security and the context is collected, updated and shared in a regular and timely manner.
• Collaborate with DRC/DDG Safety Advisor or Country Director to make decisions and manage security incidents at a local level.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• 3-4 years’ experience in the support functions working for international humanitarian organizations, including 1-2 years’ experience in a managerial capacity
• Demonstrated experience working in emergency settings and working with refugees/forced displacement settings is mandatory.
• International work experience working on issues relating to refugees and/or humanitarian emergencies is an asset.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages and experience using data analysis tools
• Experience in managing large teams and working with local stakeholders
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Basic education with relevant experience in the field
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Knowledge of Arabic an important asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 27 Of November 2017 and be willing and able to work in Tripoli, Libya.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A,14.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the following link : https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationFo…
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 21/11/2017. The interviews are expected to take place on a rolling basis.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Reuben Ambicha at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to Reuben Ambicha will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo