Are you looking for a Security career with impact? Serve with Samaritan’s Purse (SP) in South Sudan to oversee the safety and security of our staff and operations. With your expertise, we’ll be able to keep working to share the good news of Jesus Christ while meeting the physical needs of the people we’re serving.
The Safety and Security Program Manager provides leadership to all Security related issues in South Sudan and related programming within the region. The Safety and Security Program Manager must ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to for the safety of staff. Staff safety must be placed at the highest priority in conjunction with finding creative ways to accomplish program goals amidst challenging security situations.
Description of Job duties:
Act as security focal point for SP South Sudan.
Understand and implement Samaritan’s Purse’s internal safety and security guidelines as well as donor regulations in relation to security.
Develop, manage and maintain SP security systems.
Conduct security audits at each field location.
Conduct continuous threat and vulnerability assessments as well as program specific security assessments.
Assist in country leadership with cost effective, feasible solutions of compliance for security protocols.
Coordinate with program managers in ensuring security protocols are adhered to in regular programming.
Develop and continually update contingency and evacuation plans for all areas of operation.
Conduct trainings and schedule drills that include: driver safety, fire prevention, travel, communications, emergency response, security and other related topics.
Maintain safety and security training records on all staff.
Ensure all vehicles have first aid and trauma kits and required equipment in coordination with the Fleet Manager.
Develop working communications systems and enforce regular usage and upkeep.
Develop and maintain mechanisms to improve standards of security reporting.
Develop and maintain relationships and communication networks with key security contacts including: UN and INGO forums, Government Ministries and Bodies, Military, Church leaders, Local vendors, Beneficiaries, etc.
Take part in platforms of inter-agency coordination bodies on relevant security issues.
Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep the Country Director informed of potential events, including crisis response options.
Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public
Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff. 24. Other duties as assigned SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Manages and oversees all Security related personnel.
Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
BA/BS in a relevant field, MA or MS preferred.
One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa.
Demonstrated field level management experience.
Expertise in Security and Safety, preferably with an INGO or Law Enforcement Agency.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Basic knowledge of HF radio communications, SAT Phones, Codan and Cell phone burst messaging.
History of working effectively and respectfully with host country government, INGOs and U.N. agencies.
Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership.
Ability to operate for extended periods in very austere conditions.
Ability to coordinate activities with local involvement and establish working relationships with other NGOs.
Demonstrated ability and desire to train and build capacity of national staff.
Arabic language skills are desirable.
24 month contract with potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied position.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
Term Life insurance
Retirement savings plan
Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
Annual home leave
Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL – EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE – EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION – EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY – EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH – EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!