Employer: OT Solutions
Summary / Scope of Work
The S-3 Trainer position is for the LTT Afghanistan Contract and will train the Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers in the required discipline. The primary goal of the LTT Program is to train and directly enable the ANA Commandos to perform their duties independently.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES U.S. CITIZENSHIP, ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE, U.S. PASSPORT AND MILITARY PAY GRADE OF E9/O4 OR HIGHER. ONLINE APPLICATION/RESUME MUST INDICATE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS. ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION. See below for responsibilities and requirements.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The S-3 Trainer responsibilities includes:
• Responsible for regularly interacting and maintaining professional demeanor and attitude with
U.S. and ANA military personnel
• Train the trainer and then monitor trainer progress
• Based on circumstances that are unique to the work location, trainer will be responsible for making on the scene decisions on how to execute the curriculum
• Along with the local site manager, trainer will be responsible for assessing how well the ANA students have learned the coursework
The Trainer shall implement and operate programs, practices and procedures for developing optimal utilization of personnel. Design and administer programs to train all levels of personnel. Develop tests and visual aids. Coordinate class arrangements, conduct training classes and develop criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Keep abreast of training and development research; learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques. Develop programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments.
The S-3 Trainer must have:
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• Has appropriate level of experience in Operations at Battalion, Brigade or Regimental level, in Special Operations.
• Have had a U.S. Army/Marine Corps Occupational Specialty equal to combat arms officer branch immaterial.
• U.S. citizen
• Active U.S. passport
• Military pay grade of E9/O4 or higher
• Special Operations and Combat experience
• Served as U.S. Army MOS 18F or service equivalent
• Deployed operational experience in support of the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) working at the Battalion level in a supervisory role
• Background in infantry or Special Operations
• Background in training and advising foreign military soldiers
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• MS Office and personal computer skills
• Interpersonal and people skills
• Must be willing to work in hostile areas
• Must be willing and able to travel outside of protected areas via military convoys or MILAIR and wear protective clothing and equipment as required. In the conduct of their training contractors may encounter hostile forces
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related work experience desired or 8 years of equivalent U.S. Military experience.
This position is located in Afghanistan and requires the employee to deploy and live on forward operating bases operated by Afghan National Army under austere conditions without regular U.S. PX and Commissary facilities. Travel within the country and possible relocation (based upon the needs of the U.S. Government) to any location in Afghanistan is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
If you meet the requirements and want to be considered for this opportunity, please apply online via our website, www.ottrainingsolutions.com under “Careers & Job Postings.” Please also provide a cover letter outlining your experience and include a copy of your DD214.
OT Training Solutions, LLC (OTTS), formed in 2008, is headquartered in Orlando, Florida. OTTS is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that provides valuable services for training and education, training system support and for business development to commercial and governmental organizations. OTTS delivers its services worldwide. Our skilled staff is available to provide expert mentoring and impart the real-world knowledge that leads to mission success.
OT Training Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.