Location: Iraq Basra
Start Date: Asap on receipt of visa – Various througout APRIL/MAY 2017
We now invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to apply for this role on an Aegis project in Basra, Southern Iraq – would ideally suit those with Eastern European Background with no notice to serve / available to deploy immediately upon receipt of visa.
* Former military experience (or Law Enforcement) experience of 5 years is expected
* Must have Formal CP training & license from an accredited organize i.e. Security Industry Authority (SIA CP License) or SA (or equivalent)
* Previous experience in Oil and Gas industry desirable.
* Min of 2 year previous commercial experience in a PSD DTL or 2i/c role .
* Recent Hostile Environment experience in either Iraq or Afghanistan
* Excellent standard of English written and verbal skills required
* Be in possession of a current driving licence.
* Must be able to work productively under pressure.
* Will need to demonstrate flexibility.
* Be in possession of a clean police criminal records check.
1. In date frontline SIA license (for UK expats and countries that offer international equivalent) .
2. In date FPOS-I or MIRA qualification
3. To have attended and passed an accredited CP course.
APT Team Leaders (TLs) are responsible for the daily management, operational training, conduct, discipline and welfare of their Iraqi APT members, as well as for the effective planning, preparation and execution of APT operations in accordance with SOPs. APT Team Leaders are instrumental in the delivery of dynamic security services to the client. He will work directly and answer to the RMT.
Daily management, operational training, conduct, discipline and welfare of Iraqi and expatriate APT members.
Leadership, to include the command, motivation and maintenance of cohesion of the team to provide excellence of security provision in line with his commander’s intent – setting the example.
Close supervision and mentoring of all Iraqi team members.
Responsible for fostering individual team members’ professional development.
Contribute to long term retention of expatriate and Iraqi team members alike.
Maintain all personal Aegis issued weaponry, equipment and clothing to highest standards possible and presentation of timely R2.
Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of team-issued equipment, weaponry and vehicles according to Aegis regulations.
Maintain high level of Operation Security (OPSEC) standards whilst on duty and on leave.
Administration, to include preparation of mission paperwork, routine reports and returns, risk assessments, leave plots and equipment husbandry.
Communications, to include the use of communications equipment, briefing skills and report-writing.
To provide security escort and close protection of clients to and at project sites.
Effective and sustainable planning, preparation, execution and post-mission procedures of APT operations in accordance with SOPs and SOP compliant TTPs.
Close protection skills, to include instructional ability to train the team members in TTPs, weapons skills, driving skills and tactical situation appreciation and awareness.
* The TL role will be filled by an expat TL Leave cover position in his absence.
* The TL may be called on to advise the Weir project management and provide manpower to cover shortfalls, should he be required to do so. He is to ensure mission capability and is responsible for arranging temporary loan of assets, to include personnel and vehicles in order to maintain mission capability.
* He is to represent the intent of his commanders and the project to his subordinates and vice versa.
* He is to perform any other tasks and duties as directed by Aegis Project or RMT management.
Contractor will be reimbursed competitive day rate whilst off-duty *Some tax may be payable locally to those hired in Iraq on non-US Government contracts.
8 weeks on and 4 off or 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off – rotation to be confirmed at point of hire/when allocated to specific project however candidates need to be flexible and will be driven by operational requirement, all subject to operational requirements. Beware the Initial hitch may be longer.
Duration of Task: Open ended
Travel pay none is offered. The first day of pay is the day of your arrival in Theatre. Your last day of pay is the day of your departure from Theatre.
Aegis will provide the Independent Contractor with housing, food and transportation while you are in Theatre along with insurances
How To Apply:
Send email with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
email available to members ONLY