Employer: Oxfam GB
Location: Erbil Iraq
Closing date: 08 Feb 2017
To work closely with HPM to lead the Oxfam’s preparedness and humanitarian/emergency response in Mosul Corridor. The Program Manager will also be responsible to oversee the emergency program off camps and work closely with rapid response team to support first line response. He/she also need to: – work closely with Oxfam Oxfam staff and partners in implementation of the Emergency Response. -Manage tasks and complex problems in a challenging environment, – represent Oxfam in various clusters and meetings.
Leading programme delivery and implementation:
· Provide strategic leadership in the development, planning and implementation of the programme emergency operations for IDPs in designated areas, as per Oxfam standards.
· Ensure a high quality, multi-sectoral approach, aiming at reaching Sphere standards, with a strong focus on quality and accountability
· Work with the HPM and programme teams to align programme work in your areas of jurisdiction to the country strategic priorities, including widening programme areas as relevant.
· Work with, support and manage team leaders to design, implement, monitor and report on program work, according to agreed program, priorities and objectives.
· Developing with program and logistic team a preparedness and implementation plan (stock, cash, staff etc)
· Supporting Emergency team leaders in the emergency programme implementation
· Ensure that Oxfam’s programmes are in compliance with donor contractual obligations and that all reporting is of good quality and is done in a timely manner.
· Ensure development of cost effective and realistic budgets and monitor programme expenditure to ensure budgets are adhered to.
· Ensure the implementation of appropriate financial controls for the emergency program
· Maintain and frequently update analysis of humanitarian and development situation in the area of jurisdiction and work closely with the rapid response team for lifesaving intervention and use this analysis to inform future interventions.
· Ensure that implementation of programme activities is in line with the best practice standards of Oxfam GB and the Sphere Project. Support and build capacity of partner organisations to deliver project activities according to agreements.
· Ensure effective monitoring of partner activities to ensure quality, transparency and appropriateness.
Co-ordination and Representation
· Representing Oxfam in various clusters and forum related to the Emergency Response.
· Develop effective working relationships with local leaders and allies for Oxfam in areas of operation.
· Ensure Oxfam is represented at key coordination meetings, especially the NGO coordination and Cluster meetings.
· Taking an active participation in the implementation of the Oxfam and UN contingency plan to ensure Oxfam role and its partners in the response
Monitoring and Reporting
· Ensure that all restricted donor-reporting requirements are met.
· Ensure that programme staff and partners provide an appropriate level of accurate progress reports.
· Support and assist team leaders to develop and implement appropriate monitoring systems and procedures for measuring both progress and impact.
· Provide regular, consistently high quality reports on programme and projects by ensuring that proper monitoring is included in all work.
· Manage and monitor administration and logistics systems and procedures
· Ensure Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning frameworks are developed for each program and implemented.
· Monitor and evaluate programme work to maintain and/or improve the quality, incorporating learning in the programme and ensuring achievement of desired impact.
· Ensure effective use of OPAL and take initiatives to improve learning and sharing of programme experience (within the programme and beyond), including cross-programme learning.
· Ensure participation of team leaders in timely development and regular review of a clear and relevant work plan.
· Ensure participation of team leaders in timely development and regular review of project budgets and expenditures.
· Recruitment of local staff, and management of Emergency Response Team for off camps in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training and support as required;
· Ensure that all relevant staff are adequately resourced to carry out related responsibilities.
Manage Oxfam GB’s risk:
· Ensure that budgets are drawn up for all activities, and that costs are kept within budgets, providing a monthly financial summary to the country co-ordination office and quarterly analysis of trends.
· Ensure effective staff safety procedures and draw up special security guidelines for the programme area.
· Maintain contact with authorities and other agencies and ensure that Oxfam complies with relevant legislation and that its activity is understood and publicised. Ensure timely and quality narrative and financial reporting i.e (Oxfam, Donor or other required reporting)
Funding and advocacy
· Liaise closely with the HPM and Funding Co-coordinator to identify potential sources of funding
· Lead development of funding proposals and ensure proposal quality before submission to HPM
· Impact and influence within the country programme but also may have significant influence beyond this level when engaged in regional humanitarian initiatives.
· Working closely with HPM and advocacy coordinator to influence diverse internal/external target audiences in area/region of deployment with regard to the Mosul humanitarian programme.
Communicating Oxfam’s work and contributing to the regional programme:
· Manage Oxfam GB’s contribution to Oxfam International’s work, represent and develop good relationships with official authorities and other agencies, be proactive in ensuring that Oxfam develops and maintains a positive profile.
· Identify and conduct impact assessment initiatives and ensure effective communications about programme impact with stakeholders within and outside Oxfam.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
· Proven experience of emergency work (at least 6 years) and an understanding of relevant humanitarian issues.
· Working experience in the Iraqi context,
· Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts. Experience of Iraq or Middle East region is an advantage.
· Budgeting and programme accounting knowledge
· Excellent in people understanding and management
· Sympathy with the aims, values and objectives of Oxfam.
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
· Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity into emergency response programmes.
· Knowledge in Wash is a asset for this role
· Prior humanitarian experience with Oxfam is a distinct advantage
· A proven record of effective management in an insecure environment.
· Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills.
· To be familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, Oxfam International procedures and other regulatory codes (e.g. InterAction Field Co-operation Protocol).