The total salary package for this position is £49,384 – £52,972 per annum including basic salary, hardship allowance, market allowance and cost of living allowance.
About the role:
The main job role is to operate, maintain and repair mechanical assets with associated spares within MAG’s projects as required. Also to conduct training, assessment and monitoring of all staff utilising nominated mechanical assets in order to build a local capacity for humanitarian mine action activities. Helping the Technical Operations Manager to ensure maximum productivity and capacity of all mechanical assets for a rapidly expanding programme.
You will have experience in managing, maintaining and repairing multiple mechanical assets across different locations within a developing country, preferably within the Humanitarian mine action sector. Experience of working in a fast paced environment with the ability to coordinate and prioritise in order to meet deadlines. You will need fluent English language skills and be able to work in a challenging environment and politically sensitive environment.
Staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £49,384 – £52,972 per annum *Please see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You’ll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year (for permanent contracts). As Syria is a hardship programme staff are also be entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
• Flights: We provide three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)/ we provide three international flights home per year pro rata if your contract is less than a year (for fixed-term contracts).
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply:
Email application to: email@example.com
(Email for application available to Members / Subscribers ONLY )