Recruiting Mechanical Supervisor in Libya. Work location: On site. Accommodation, Flights, Food and Medical / Accident Insurances provided by client. Rotation 7 weeks / 2 weeks. Contract 12 months renewable each year.
• Act as the Site Supervisor and take responsibility for all work related activity, construction, and successful completion of projects.
• Coordinate the activity of workers.
• Takes care of regular reports to Project manager Tripoli and client.
• Monitors the quality and compliance of work in accordance with job standards.
• Implements improvements, changes or new techniques or procedures. Supervises assigned personnel in all aspects of their work.
• Oversees inspection and maintenance of equipment and machinery. erforms duties of specific trades when necessary.
• Reads and interprets blueprints and construction drawings.
• Coordinates the activity between external and internal representatives, especially client.
• Orders and purchases all equipment and tools which are relevant to fulfill the work.
Work Experience: A proven track record with over 10 years’ experience operating as a supervisor within the mechanical domain is considered the basic requirement. Experience of working in North Africa within the oil and gas industry would be considered an advantage.
Education: Professional qualifications and/or certification in the mechanical field are required: membership of a professional body would be looked on favourably.
Excellent grasp of the English language, able to communicate verbally and in writing.
Thorough knowledge of the operation of low/high pressure steam boilers, heating systems and auxiliary equipment and tools, methods and practices used in their maintenance.
An ability to generate comprehensive documents, such as site reports and drawings.
Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the operation of heating equipment.
Ability to supervise the work of others.
Ability to detect malfunctions in equipment operations and to effect repairs or take remedial action.
Ability to interpret and work from plans, blueprints and sketches.
An ability to influence and persuade others, through the use of logic and presence: convincing others to think and act in the best interests of the project.
An ability to build rapport easily and to cultivate lasting relationships built on trust.
An understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
Highly computer literate: able to use, as a minimum, Microsoft Office.
Highly organized, inquisitive with high standards in relationship to attention to detail.
Personal Attributes: A self-contained individual who is mentally robust and able to operate under pressure: determined and tenacious – able to force through change.
Operating in a multi-cultural environment, will require a high degree of cultural empathy and awareness.
Physically robust, able to operate in austere conditions.
Self-motivated and problem solver.