Employer: SDV International
SDV INTERNATIONAL is seeking linguists to support the US Department of State (DOS), on behalf of The Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA) and South Central Asia (SCA). We are recruiting candidates for positions that may be CONUS or OCONUS (within the Near East and South Central Asia regions).
The objective of this contract is to provide for professional interpreting, translation and related language services in support of the DOS and other designated United State Government (USG) agencies. Specific services to be provided via this contract include but are not limited to, interpreting, translating, monitoring, transcribing, and online engagement.
Support expertise is required for Arabic, Kurdish, Dari, Farsi and Pashto to include various dialects within the stated languages in Iraq.
As a Linguist, staff will perform a full range of activities in processing material or participating in situations requiring a general professional Linguist. Linguists will report to Team Lead or Program Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Translation, interpretation and transcription of work that is mostly information and non-technical in nature such as reports, memos, correspondence, audio, or oral communication.
• Gisting/summarization to identify and accurately summarize factual points as well as abstract concepts.
• Triage documentation to isolate pertinent factual and nuanced information.
• Interpret accurately with proper mode/register.
• Adhere to interpretation protocols.
• Review audio material with high-degree of accuracy and expression.
• General professional capability (3-3+ for translation or interpretation on Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale in requisite professional disciplines.
• Good understanding of one or more regional dialect(s).
• Very good computer skills using MS applications and performing Internet research.
• OCONUS deployments required.
QUALIFICATIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON CUSTOMER NEEDS.
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and a U.S. Government security clearance will be required.
DUE TO MASSIVE CALL VOLUME FOR THIS JOB, CALLS FOR THIS JOB MAY NOT BE TAKEN AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
Competitive compensation and benefits.