Employer: CTG Global
Closing date: 04 Jul 2017
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Support to Transitional Justice and Reconciliation at the Local and National Levels in Libya is a UNDP / UNSMIL joint project that aims to facilitate dialogue between different parties in localized disputes and to work with the parties to identify a way to develop capacities for conflict resolution, establish transitional processes to deal with past violations and develop plans to enhance community security. The project will support key actors at the local and national levels to
a) continue dialogue processes on transitional justice and return of IDPs
b) develop strategies and plans to support transitional justice measures
c) support inclusive community safety and security planning. The project began with the Misrata and Tawergha dialogue and will especially aim to replicate the approach in other communities.
The Libyan state has primary responsibility in implementing a robust transitional justice process that includes reparation for victims. However, the international community should now contribute to the process by encouraging the parties to agree on symbolic processes for settling these disputes. In the Misrata/Tawergha context both communities have acknowledged the importance of collective and symbolic reparation as a way of moving forward in resolving their conflict. They have also identified the establishment of psychosocial support centres in the spirit of a symbolic reparation project as an essential element of on-going dialogue process between the two communities and in resolving their disputes.
In order to prepare its support to the mentioned establishment or strengthening of existing psychosocial support centres, UNDP and UNSMIL will contract two psycho-social specialist to undertake an Assessment that will include previous initiatives and projects undertaken in Libya for providing psychosocial support to victims of conflict of the respective communities, to map the needs of the Tawergha community and the Misrata community and each to develop the proposal for the establishment of psychosocial support center for the respective community based on the needs of the stakeholders as well as international best practice.
Hence, an interpreter will be recruited to assist the consultants complete the Assessment. The responsibility of the interpreter will be to:
• Provide the experts with interpretation and translation service as and when required during the course of the assignment
• Organizing and translate focus group discussions with enhanced information gathering to add analytical depth of the assessments
• Assist the experts in liasing and the conducting of discussion meetings with government and ector stakeholders
• To assist in collecting and translating primary data analysis with formulation of policy recommendations.
• Assist in sourcing documents and monitoring reports of programmes and projects implemented by other international development partners / with local government agencies
• Support the Consultants to provide any translation and interpretation services as required for the security sector expert to complete the assessment
• Support the Consultants in the coordination and translation/ interpretation of focus groups and discussion meetings with relevant security sector stakeholders
• Support the Consultants to conduct primary data gathering and translation with formulation of draft policy recommendations completed
UNDP Transitional Justice Project Manager.
This role does not require team management
§ Bachelor’s degree in • A university degree in the English language, linguistics, or other related field of relevance to the assignment.
§ Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Translation experience.
§ Minimum of 5 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Tripoli, Libya is an advantage.
Fluency in English (essential) and Arabic ().
• A university degree in the English language, linguistics, or other related field of relevance to the assignment;
• A minimum of 5 years work experience with translation and interpretation, preferably in post conflict settings
• Experience providing translation and interpretation services related to the transtional justice sector, human rights in Libya desirable.
• Fluency in Arabic and English
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via our website www.ctggcareers.com alternatively you can click on this link to take you directly to the vacancy https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…