Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo
Fixed term until April 2018.
The total salary package for this position is £31,200 – £33,720 per annum* including basic salary, cost of living allowance and Hardship allowance.
About the role:
The International Site Supervisors will actively manage and lead our teams of national staff to safely implement our life saving mine clearance and EOD projects. Roles can often be remote, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding.
You must be qualified and experienced in leading teams involved in demining / EOD operations, with previous experience working for a similar organisation, either in the humanitarian or commercial sector. You must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world, as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities which need it most. The ability to speak French is preferable but not essential.
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £31,200 – £33,720 per annum – *Please see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. Annual leave starts at six weeks per year and as DRC is classed as a hardship country, staff receive an additional ten days hardship leave per year on top of this.
• Flights: provides three international flights home per year.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package including: personal accident and medical expenses insurance; death by natural causes insurance; and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 22 October 2017.
(Email for application is available to subscribers ONLY)