With regard to mentioned above, the PCU would like to engage two international experts who will be tasked to jointly study the experience and practices of the European and other OSCE pStates (minimum ten) in the area of police education. The research will cover, inter alia, the analysis of the most promising models of police education, including:
• Overview of the functioning police education systems;
• Analysis of the curriculums for basic (i.e. for a universal / patrol police officer) and specialized (e.g. for a detective, forensic expert, etc.) police training;
• Overview of the police in-service training and development;
• HR management in the police education and training institutions.
Based on the research results the engaged experts will elaborate the recommendations and identify the most promising national solutions to:
• define an optimum training infrastructure;
• develop and strengthen the training regime;
• advance training standards and curriculum design, including by adherence to core values and principles of democratic policing.
The engaged International Expert will participate as a speaker presenting the research results at the international conference aimed at advancing curriculum design for police training to be conducted in Kyiv, November 2017.
The engaged experts will work from home and liaise with the PCU when required during the preparatory and reporting period.
Necessary Qualifications• University degree in Law, Social Sciences or relevant field;
• Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience, including at the international level, in the administration and organization of police education;
• Experience in designing teaching methodologies and development of training concepts and materials;
• Experience in selection and recruitment process for police candidates as well as trainers, including testing and other related activities;
• Experience in performing advisory functions at a managerial level;
• Excellent command of English, knowledge of Russian/Ukrainian would be an asset;
• Computer literacy.Required competenciesCore values
Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Remuneration PackageAccording to the PCU consultancy fees guidelines.How To Apply
This position is for the internationals only. Please use the online application system at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00472. If you experience difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. The deadline for applications is 16 July 2017. Applications received after the published deadline and off-line applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.