We are seeking suitably qualified, experienced candidates to be considered for the role below.
***PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, ARE SELECTED & PASS A FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW YOU WILL THEN BE PROCESSED ONTO A STANDBY LIST. REMAINING ON THE STANDBY LIST WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO SUCCSSEFUL INDUCTION, CONSISTING OF SECRET CLEARANCE & SUBJECT TO FURTHER CONFIRMATION. ***
Rotation: 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off – subject to operational requirements
Likely duration of task: Approx. until Feb 2017 – subject to further confirmation
Essential Hiring Criteria
Additional criteria will need to be met by answering a variety of disqualifying questions.
* Be familiar with maintaining and servicing arrmoured vehicles such as Toyota Land Cruisers.
* Must have min of 7 year’s military experience with a minimum of 2 operational tours.
* Valid SIA Licence (Close Protection front-line) – Demonstrable experience in close escorting and body-guarding with an accredited close protection training organization
* British & Commonwealth passport holders only* – see note below
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Qualified & experienced in fire-arms use – Must be recent & specifically pistol, sub-machine gun, carbine and light machine gun. (full bore weapons)
* Qualified & experienced in armoured vehicle driving – Capable and safe driver of heavy armoured four-wheel drive vehicles.
* Communication equipment and voice procedure
* Navigation and map reading and the use of GPS
* Basic infantry tactics
* Must have a trauma first aid medic qualification
* Basic first line roadside repair.
* Must be SC cleared – Secret Clearance.
* Fluent written and spoken English
* Must be physically robust and fully fit
* Recent commercial security experience in Libya
* Recent commercial security guarding experience on a similar security guarding contract
*All candidates will need to be screened to SC level – or eligible for screening so only British & Commonwealth passport holders can apply. Proviso: You must have been resident in the UK for at least two of the previous 10 years immediately prior to your application, at least one year of which must have been a consecutive twelve month period unless you have served overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of Her Majesty’s Government, or have lived overseas as a result of your parents’ or partner’s Government employment.
* Have the following skill set: communication equipment (including Codan HF, UHF, VHF, satellite phone, V-Sat) and voice procedure, navigation and map reading and the use of GPS and tracking systems, basic infantry tactics, trauma first aid medic, basic roadside mechanics
* Must be CRB vetted
The Security Operators/Drivers will perform multiple roles and will provide both static security at the mission’s premises and mobile close protection when required. Essentially all SPT members must be able to perform the roles of a Security Operator/Driver and all will have the relevant military and security experience and qualifications to provide the required services. All drivers will be fully qualified to drive B6 armoured vehicles and documentary proof will be available as required. Security Operators/Drivers will be highly versatile and able to perform a wide variety of tasks, including 24 hour communications cover, watch-keeping, situational awareness, first stage medical response and armed defence.
Each SPT will have a fully trained and qualified mechanic who will, in addition to providing the services of a Security Operator/Driver, maintain and repair the Authority’s vehicles and ensure that there is always a sufficient supply of tools and spare parts.
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.