DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET THIS STANDARD
* CVs are to be submitted using GW format without any font type or size changes. CV format available from email@example.com
* CVs are to be file named: surname – first name – CV – LBY – EMBED.pdf
* Covering letters to be file named: surname – first name – CLtr – LBY – EMBED.pdf
* All criteria listed below must be clearly stated on the CV including time periods and for which company or organization they were conducted
* Patience & Diplomacy are critical to this role. Covering letter to contain a demonstrable example of prolonged practice of patience and diplomacy and why it was required during that period
* Shall be fluent in English verbally and for written work
* Shall have a minimum of 10 years prior military/police experience.
* Shall have a minimum of 5 years proven international commercial security experience in a leadership role (not TL or Team 2IC)
* Shall have a demonstrated track record working with guards or a guarding service provider for a period not less than 2 years.
* Shall have demonstrable business acumen and commercial experience, preferably within the Oil & Gas sector.
* Must have excellent report writing ability.
* Must have excellent presentations skills.
* Polite and Robust; an ability to remain resolute when dealing with the authorities.
* To have the character to maintain and encourage liaison to establish firm contacts.
* Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Working knowledge of organizational policies, host nation laws/legislation and a greater understanding of tribal intricacies and sensitivities.
* Knowledge and experience of political and economic dynamics in Libya would be an advantage.
* Dynamic and flexible.
* Reliable and have experience of working in a confidential environment.
* Proficient in MS word package, outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
* Possess a valid driving license.
* Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts and crises effectively.
* Must be able to provide pragmatic verbal risk assessments, supporting the development of tactical plans for the conduct of secured movement, as well as venue risk management requirements.
* Proven trend analysis and intelligence reporting.
* Proven security risk assessment production.
* Must have experience of writing, complex security plans; coupled with developing standard operating procedures for the project location.
* Must have strong understanding of financial accounts for payroll, as well as operational expenses for the project.
* Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety at work; making sure the HSE manager is informed of all issues in a timely manner.
* Must have experience to lead new teams from the front; setting high standards for all to follow.
* Understand the complexity of local stakeholders and their position in the commercial environment.
* Minimum of 2 senior management (Ops Manager, Project Manager, Corporate HQ) referees are to be provided with full email and telephone contact details
* FPOS-I or MIRA in date certification – Certificate required
* SIA Licence under Front Line Close Protection or own national equivalent to SIA
* Libya experience
* Arabic speaker
* Operationally report directly to the Client Security Manager or to Client Senior Management on behalf of the Security Manager;
* Using industry leading approach, develop and implement measures to enhance the security of Client personnel, assets and activities;
* Be responsible for the development and continued overall review of operating procedures and emergency response planning for the security function;
* Conduct incident investigations;
* Oversee and monitor daily security operations and ensure minimum standards in all security duties including static guarding, PST, communications procedures and emergency response coordination;
* Support and assist in developing detailed procedures covering access control, communications, travel management, journey management across all client sites;
* Develop and rehearse contingency and crisis management plans, including both evacuation and medical emergency;
* Identifies the conditions that will influence the physical safety of the Client’s personnel and their operations and liaises with the management team in order to aid client strategic operational decision-making.
* Conducts threat assessments and assists in security planning;
* Other as requested by Client including, but not limited to, standing in as project staff on security projects, risk surveys of venues, conducting client staff training for HEAT and security planning awareness.
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/ips
Please note: any Information provided and your current performance shall be used by Garda-World to evaluate your suitability for this position.
“Any deployment to Libya carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment”
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.