Job Reference: G4S/TP/3285557/95495
Closing Date: October 2, 2017
Package Description: – Competitive Salary – 8/4 rotation – Visa and Flights to and from designated Hub airport – PA & Travel Insurance – Accommodation and subsistence – 12 month Service Agreement (renewable)
The role of the Tier 2 Medic/Deputy Team Leader is to support the Team Leader, providing the link between the Team Leader and the remainder of the team in addition to providing medical support to the client and team. The Tier 2 Medic/Deputy Team Leader shall provide general medical care, emergency medical care (when required), conduct training to ensure the team remains medically trained to the standards laid down by the Company. The Tier 2 Medic/Deputy Team Leader shall also supervise and conduct team administrative duties as directed by the Team Leader
– First response medical emergency cover, trauma or primary care
– Working within a strictly applied and audited clinical governance structure, liaison with reach-back support to a clinician in the UK as required
– Medicine management for the controlled drug register, storage and accountability of medical equipment
– Generate and maintain accurate confidential patient reports
– Exercising professional judgement and personal initiative to make informed decision in relation to patient care
– Data management, weekly medical returns to Company’s nominated medical governance provider
– Ensuring all medical equipment issued is serviceable and in date
– Authorisation of the Remote Medical Support Function
– Total familiarity with standards applied to the Health Profession Council’s Standards of Practice for Paramedics
– Maintaining and practicing within the legal and ethical boundaries applying appropriate professional accountability
– Deputising for Team Leader during periods of absence
– Responsible, in conjunction with Team Leader, for management of personnel, equipment and vehicles
The Ideal Candidate:
The Candidate should meet with the following requirements:
– Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) Paramedic, Registered Nurse, Doctor or HSE Offshore Medic (or overseas equivalent)
– Valid Advanced Life Support (ALS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification and practical
– Minimum of 5 years’ service in a regular Armed Force or Law Enforcement Service
– Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Medic (Combat Medical Technician 1/Ambulance Technician) or in an active ambulance care or medical emergency room
– Satisfactory completion of a formal Close Protection training course conducted by an SIA-approved training organisation (or other national equivalent) http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-overseas-licences.aspx
– Satisfactory completion of a criminal record check within the recent 6 months
– Minimum of 2 years experience of working in Iraq
– Previous operational experience in a high threat environment is preferred
– English as a first language
Abilities and Personal Qualities
– Physically fit and able to carry weight in high temperatures, and should be prepared to work in challenging and remote locations.
– Excellent client-facing skills and effective communicator.
– Confident, capable and reliable with the ability to influence and encourage others.
– Able to integrate and work well as part of a team.
– Able to think and act on own initiative under pressure and in stressful situations.
About the Company:
G4S Risk Management is the leader in providing risk mitigation and secure support services to governments, international agencies and multi-national corporations requiring critical services and infrastructure while operating in high threat and complex environments.