Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS TO GO ONTO A STANDBY LIST – IF YOU MEET THIS REQUIREMENT AND ARE SELECTED A FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED. REMAINING ON THE STANDBY LIST WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO SUCCSSEFUL INDUCTION, CONSISTING OF SECRET CLEARANCE ***
* Current SC-level security clearance British & Commonwealth passport holders only* – see note below
* SIA Level 3 Licence – Close Protection (frontline) – passed the standard SIA 4 week training course and hold a current licence or any equivalent agreed with the authority.
* In date FPOS-I qualification.
* Be suitably inoculated for the area of operations.
* To have attended and passed a UK accredited, or equivalent CP course.
* Demonstrable experience in close escorting and body-guarding with an accredited close protection training organisation and undergone at least two weeks dedicated training by their current employer.
* Recent accumulated experience (including operational experience) in a sovereign military unit or para-military police force.
* Experience in communication equipment and voice procedure.
* Experience in navigation and map reading and the use of GPS.
* Thorough knowledge of basic infantry tactics.
* Understanding of basic first line roadside repair.
* Active experience in the use of firearms, specifically pistol, sub-machine gun, carbine and light machine gun.
* Capable and safe driver of heavy armoured four-wheel drive vehicles.
* Valid driver’s license.
* Fluent written and spoken English.
* Recent security experience in Somalia, Iraq or Afghanistan.
* Recent commercial security guarding experience on a similar security guarding contract.
* *All candidates will need to be screened to SC level – or eligible for screening so only British & Commonwealth passport holders can apply. Proviso: You must have been resident in the UK for at least two of the previous 10 years immediately prior to your application, at least one year of which must have been a consecutive twelve month period unless you have served overseas with HM Forces or in some other official capacity as a representative of Her Majesty’s Government, or have lived overseas as a result of your parents’ or partner’s Government employment.
The Armed Protection Team (expatriate) Close Protection Officers provide mobile armed protection to Authority personnel and visitors at the British Embassy Mogadishu and British Office Hargeisa. The CPO’s will provide these services in accordance with contractual obligations, international and local laws, RuF and SOPs. They will assist the Team Leaders to execute the day to day assigned tasks included armoured vehicle driving. They will ensure a high standard of welfare, morale and discipline and professional operational relationship with the client. They will also provide immediate emergency medical support (Trauma) and will provide support in case of medevac.
The CP Operator is at the front end of the delivery of this operation. The role requires individuals who are suitably experienced and qualified in firearms and armoured vehicle driving, they must be able to follow instructions clearly but also able to make command decisions on the spot in order to achieve the aims of the organisation.
* Provide Close Protection in accordance with SOPs for all clients as directed during Ops briefs or other “Quick Orders” briefs given by TL.
* Safeguard all issued equipment in accordance with SOPs and ensure that any damages or deficiencies are brought to the attention of the chain of command without delay.
* Conduct a daily check of weapons systems and ammunition issued and ensure that all weapons systems are properly secured at all times.
* Maintain all personal issue equipment including vehicles, weapons, radios etc in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and first parade sheets etc.
* Ensure that arrival times on task are sufficiently early to attend to any last minute delays or briefings.
* Maintain a professional operational relationship with the clients.
* Ensure that the Watchkeeper is kept informed at all times of all vehicle movements.
* Be in possession of up to date code sheets/mapping and ensure that any loss of these sheets is reported to the Watchkeeper without delay.
* Attend daily team intelligence updates and read Intelligence summary.
* Maintain an acceptable level of physical fitness.
* Attend all organised training sessions.
Start Date: TBC – subject to further confirmation/successful induction/Interview/Client Screening.
Daily Rate: GW offers a competitive Monthly rate to all personnel. (The Consultant’s fee shall be paid during both On-Duty Periods and Off-Duty periods)
Rotation: 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off – subject to operational requirements.
Duration of Task: Open ended.
Travel Pay: Travel pay none is offered. No Domestic Transit allowance applicable.
Company will provide the Independent Contractor with housing, food and transportation while you are in Theatre along with insurances.
The Hub Airport designated by the Company. Company will provide economy class flights (subject to availability) to and from the Consultant’s designated International Hub Airport for each leave rotation.
Any deployment to Africa carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.
How To Apply:
Send email with CV to: email@example.com
email avialble to members ONLY